-
October 30th, 2008, 05:08 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Hello,
I would like to post a follow up to my previous thread. After reading reading through replys from OG and GM, I got to thinking that adding a subwoffer to A5 is not as easy as I thought. so, what if I use antoher pair of 515c and put them in 211 cabinet, instead of using subwoofers? I am thinking, since I have to purchase two new cabinets for the subwoofers and setting them up may complicate my system, wouldn't it be better to just use anther pair of 515c and put them into 211 cabinets? Space factor is not a problem for me. Can you give me an idea of how this set up will turn out sonically? How would the 211 differs from the A5 with additional subwoofers. Thanks,
fallot
-
October 30th, 2008, 04:18 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Night and day difference in many ways, mostly for the better, though it will still have the same stepped response as the small VOT, just beginning ~ an octave lower and extending to a lower Fb around 35 Hz IIRC. If you go this route, IMO these cabs need considerable bracing for a HIFI app.
GM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks